As frequent flyers, we know all too well the discomfort of airplane noise. Fortunately, noise-canceling headphones have become a popular travel accessory for drowning out the din of engines and chatty passengers. Here are some of the best noise-canceling headphones, as reviewed by frequent flyers:
- Bose QuietComfort 35 II – The Bose QuietComfort 35 II is often cited as the gold standard of noise-canceling headphones. They offer excellent noise cancellation, superb sound quality, and a comfortable fit for long flights. They also have an impressive battery life of up to 20 hours, which is plenty for even the longest of flights.
- Sony WH-1000XM3 – The Sony WH-1000XM3 is a strong competitor to the Bose QuietComfort 35 II, with impressive noise cancellation and sound quality. They also offer smart features like touch controls and voice assistance. Their battery life is slightly longer than the Bose, at up to 30 hours.
- Sennheiser Momentum 3 – The Sennheiser Momentum 3 is an excellent option for those who prioritize sound quality above all else. They offer rich, detailed sound and impressive noise cancellation. They also have a stylish design and comfortable fit for long flights, though their battery life is slightly shorter than the Bose and Sony options at up to 17 hours.
- Beats Solo Pro – The Beats Solo Pro may not be the first choice for audiophiles, but they offer impressive noise cancellation and a fun, bass-heavy sound that many travelers enjoy. They also have a sleek design and fold up nicely for easy packing. Their battery life is up to 22 hours.
- Plantronics BackBeat Go 810 – The Plantronics BackBeat Go 810 offers impressive noise cancellation and sound quality for a much lower price than some of the other options on this list. They also have a lightweight, comfortable design and a long battery life of up to 22 hours.
Ultimately, the best noise-canceling headphones for you will depend on your priorities and budget. If noise cancellation and sound quality are your top concerns, the Bose QuietComfort 35 II and Sony WH-1000XM3 are great options. If you prioritize style and design, the Sennheiser Momentum 3 and Beats Solo Pro are worth considering. And if you’re on a budget, the Plantronics BackBeat Go 810 is a great value option.
No matter which headphones you choose, noise-canceling headphones can make a huge difference in your flight experience. They can help you get some much-needed rest, enjoy your music or movies in peace, or simply provide a moment of quiet in the chaos of air travel. So, invest in a pair of noise-canceling headphones and enjoy your next flight in peace.